News and Announcements
AGE LOCATOR 2023
Please use the attached Age Locator to determine what division your swimmer will fall into for the Summer 2023 season.
The document Age_Locator_2023_Swimming_BCSSA.pdf was attached to this post.
KOOTENAY REGION SWIM MEET SCHEDULE (SUMMER 2023) - Updated March 23
- June 3/4 -TRAIL (Timed Finals)
- June 11 -GRAND FORKS (B Meet – 1 Day Meet)
- June 17/18 – KIMBERLEY (Timed Finals)
- June 24/25 – CASTLEGAR (Heats and Finals)
- July 1/2 – WEEKEND OFF
- July 8/9 – COLVILLE (Timed Finals) *still waiting for confirmation
- July 15/16 – NELSON (Heats and Finals)
- July 22/23 – CRESTON (Timed Finals) *still waiting for confirmation
- July 29/30 – WEEKEND OFF
- * Aug 5/6 -REGIONALS -TBD*
- Monday Aug 7 – Regional Practice TBD**
- Thursday August 17- Sunday August 20th – PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – NANAIMO
**PLEASE NOTE: The KO Regional Championship Meet will be Saturday August 5th and Sunday August 6th. We are working on finding an alternate venue, as we were not able to get pool time in Nelson. The KO Regional Practice will be held on Monday August 7th for ALL swimmers who qualify and will be attending provincials.
KO REGIONAL BOARD 2023
Happy New Year KO Region Families,
We have some changes to our Regional Board for the 2023 Season. Welcome to all the new members of our board!
KO Regional Director – Leanne Douglas (NEL)
KO Regional Registrar – Breanne Lipinski (CAS)
KO Regional Treasurer – Laura Lewis (GFA)
KO Regional Secretary – Michelle Armstrong (GFA)
KO Director of Competition – Ashlea Lutz-Miller (TRA)
KO Director of Officials – Chad Badry (NEL)
KO Director of Electronics – Alan LeRoy (GFA)
KO Director of Equipment – Brad Ziefflie (CRE)
Club Presidents – CAS – Adam Rodgers; COL
Janelle Cardenas; CRE Brad Ziefflie; GFA – Laura Lewis; KIM – Joanna Sleik; NEL – Chad Badry; TRA – Paul Fricke
Live Swim Meet video link
British Columbia Summer Swim Association
All of the swims teams in the region are part of the British Columbia Summer Swim Association, the largest water sport association in British Columbia.